My Primary program is written! Here it is,
I know my Savior lives
Primary Program 2010
Song: I Know that my Redeemer Lives (Duet)
1. We believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
2. I am a child of God. He is the Father of my spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Holy Ghost testifies to me as I read the scriptures.
4. Heavenly Father knows me and loves me.
5. Jesus loves me too!
Song: I know that my Savior loves me (All Together)
6. “For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
7. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. This is called the atonement.
8. He loved us so much that he was willing to suffer and die for us.
9. We believe that through the atonement of Christ all mankind my be saved.
10. Jesus provided a way back to our Father in Heaven for us. He was resurrected and I will be too.
Song: He sent His Son (Soloist sings the questions)
11. “He spake by the mouth of His holy prophets, which have been since the world began.”
12. Prophets are called by God. Moses was called to lead his people out of Egypt. Noah was called to teach repentance. Joseph Smith was called to restore the gospel in the latter days.
13. Prophets testify of Jesus Christ. Isaiah and Samuel both prophesied that Christ would come to earth. John the Baptist preached of baptism and said to the people, “There cometh one mightyer than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.”
14. There is safety in following the prophets. (Pick a prophet)
15. God speaks through prophets. Because he loves us and wants us to return to Him, He has given us prophets to lead the way.
Song: Follow the Prophet (Now we have a world- all, Adam- solo, Noah- solo, Daniel- solo, Pres Monson- all)
16. We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors teachers, evangelists and so forth.
17. After Jesus Died, His gospel was taken from the earth. Many years later, Jesus Christ restored the fullness of the gospel through Joseph Smith.
18.Joseph Smith was the first latter day prophet. Heavenly Father and Jesus appeared to him.
19. Joseph was given the golden plates. He could not read the writing on the gold plates without the help of the Lord. Joseph Smith was able to translate the Book of Mormon by the power of God.
Song- The church of Jesus Christ
20. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are: first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, repentance; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, the laying on of hands for the gifts of the Holy Ghost. These principles and ordinances lead me to Jesus Christ.
21. Faith (How can you strengthen your faith?)
22. Jesus has given us the opportunity to repent when we do something wrong. Repentance includes feeling sorry, asking for forgiveness, righting the wrong and not doing it again.
23. When I am baptized I make a covenant with God.
24. A covenant is a special two way promise between me and God. I promise to always remember Him and to keep His commandments and He promises that I’ll always have His Spirit to be with me.
25.When I am confirmed I receive the gift of the holy ghost. This means that I have the right to the constant companion of the Holy Ghost.
Song- Beautiful Savior
26. “By the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things.“ Moroni 10:5
27. The Holy Ghost is the 3rd member of the Godhead.
28. The Holy Ghost is a spirit without a body of flesh and bones.
29. The Holy Ghost speaks in a still small voice.
30. He speaks to your mind and your heart.
31. The Holy Ghost can guide and protect us.
32. When I pray, I invite the Holy Ghost into my life.
33.The Holy Ghost testifies of the truth of all things.
Song- The Holy Ghost
34. In Luke chapter 18 verse 22 Jesus said, “Come follow me.” In the garden of Gethsemane Jesus said, “…not my will, but thine be done.” Jesus always obeyed Heavenly Father. I can obey Him too.
35. Jesus Christ went about doing good.
36. He blessed the children.
37. He healed the blind man.
38. He raised the dead.
39.He fed the 5,000.
40. He healed the sick.
41. I can follow Jesus Christ’s example.
42. Jesus Christ’s example teaches me how to live. (Talk)
Song- Come Follow Me (verses 1 and 6)
43. “For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles;… and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.” 2 Nephi 27:23
44. A miracle is an extraordinary event caused by the power of God. Jesus Christ is a God of miracles.
45. Share a story of a miracle preformed by Christ
46. Share a story of Jesus healing someone
47. Share the story of the 10 lepers
48. Share a story of Jesus raising the dead.
49. Miracles come to those who have faith. If we have faith we will recognize miracles in our lives.
Song- In His Holy Name (Trio)
50. “And now after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!” Doctrine and Covenants 76:22
51. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the only begotten Son.
52. Through the atonement He made it possible for us to be saved from sin. He did this because He loves us.
53. Jesus Christ came to earth as promised by the prophets. This message was so important, that prophets were willing to give their lives to testify that Jesus would come. He is the Savior of the world. I know that my Redeemer lives.
Primary President Remarks
Song- I know that my Redeemer lives. (Primary sings 1st verse, Congregation sings 2-4)