Our primary room turned out really cute this year. Unfortunately, we haven’t spent much time in it because of COVID-19. Today is August 10 and we haven’t been to church since March 15. I don’t know if we’ll get to go back at all this year. It’s been a bummer. I miss my primary kids.
The primary room turned out so cute this year. We again ordered from The Redheaded Hostess. I love the come follow me theme and the focus on our Savior. It’s a happy room for my beautiful primary kids!
Here’s the primary room from 2018! I bought the bundle by Courtney Aitken from The Redheaded Hostess. The theme was I Am a Child of God. The program was amazing! They sang a beautiful new song called I Will Be What I Believe. All of the kids wrote their own parts either on their own or with the help of parents, teachers, or Jamie Matthews so we got to hear all of their testimonies.
The board with President Nelson was an announcement board and the board with the knight was our spotlight board. Each month we spotlighted a person who could lead us, guide us and walk beside us. Those people are heroes because they teach us how to find Christ and to choose the right!
I didn’t post ANYTHING in 2017! It just flew by! These are the only pictures I have of our cute “Choose the Right” bulletin boards from 2017. The banner is from Courtney Aitken. It was a transportation theme. We had a cute street sign on the front bulletin board. The road went all the way around to the front of the room, ending at the temple. One bulletin board had a world map. That was our “primary pen pal” board. We wrote to other primaries telling them how we choose the right and asked them to write back to us. We received letters and pictures from St. George; Orem; Georgia; Athens, Greece; and Istanbul, Turkey. I really wish I had remembered to take pictures of the rest of the boards. Oh well!
When we have baptisms in primary we give each child a baptism towel. A lady in the ward embroiders the childs name on one side and the date of the baptism on the other.
I can’t embroider so I make CTR towels. This one is for my nephew who is getting baptized this weekend. I love this towel! This idea came from Shelly.
The primary halloween carnival is finally over! It was fun but a ton of work! We had 2 bounce houses, 9 games, cookie decorating, a craft table, Rapunzel on a tower and her Prince below, and a haunted village with a skeleton, a pirate, Dracula and a witch. For dinner there was mac and cheese, jello jigglers, vegetables, mummy toes, rolls and witches brew to drink. We had a great turn out!
Primary Activity- August 28, 9-10:30
Be a Superhero!
Short Gathering activity
What is a superhero?
How can I be a superhero?
1. Paint sun catchers for CP house
2. Tie blankets for My Stuff Bags
3. Make a FHE lesson to take home
4. Put together hygiene kits
Place the following items in a heavy-duty, one-gallon sealable bag. Remove the air before sealing.
2 unbreakable combs without sharp handles, 4 toothbrushes (sealed), 1 tube of toothpaste (6-8 ounces, no pumps), 2 bars of soap (3.5-5 ounces each), 2 hand towels (approximately 15×25 inches), Dishtowels and washcloths are not acceptable. If sewing towels, use terry cloth and serge or zigzag edges to prevent fraying.
5. Missionary station
*Sign cards for the missionaries from our ward
*Gather treats for the Elders in our ward
Short ending activity
Jesus is the greatest service superhero
Primary presidency will “serve” the kids refreshments
My Primary program is written! Here it is,
I know my Savior lives
Primary Program 2010Song: I Know that my Redeemer Lives (Duet)
1. We believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
2. I am a child of God. He is the Father of my spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Holy Ghost testifies to me as I read the scriptures.
4. Heavenly Father knows me and loves me.
5. Jesus loves me too!
Song: I know that my Savior loves me (All Together)6. “For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
7. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. This is called the atonement.
8. He loved us so much that he was willing to suffer and die for us.
9. We believe that through the atonement of Christ all mankind my be saved.
10. Jesus provided a way back to our Father in Heaven for us. He was resurrected and I will be too.
Song: He sent His Son (Soloist sings the questions)
11. “He spake by the mouth of His holy prophets, which have been since the world began.”
12. Prophets are called by God. Moses was called to lead his people out of Egypt. Noah was called to teach repentance. Joseph Smith was called to restore the gospel in the latter days.
13. Prophets testify of Jesus Christ. Isaiah and Samuel both prophesied that Christ would come to earth. John the Baptist preached of baptism and said to the people, “There cometh one mightyer than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.”
14. There is safety in following the prophets. (Pick a prophet)
15. God speaks through prophets. Because he loves us and wants us to return to Him, He has given us prophets to lead the way.
Song: Follow the Prophet (Now we have a world- all, Adam- solo, Noah- solo, Daniel- solo, Pres Monson- all)
16. We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors teachers, evangelists and so forth.
17. After Jesus Died, His gospel was taken from the earth. Many years later, Jesus Christ restored the fullness of the gospel through Joseph Smith.
18.Joseph Smith was the first latter day prophet. Heavenly Father and Jesus appeared to him.
19. Joseph was given the golden plates. He could not read the writing on the gold plates without the help of the Lord. Joseph Smith was able to translate the Book of Mormon by the power of God.
Song- The church of Jesus Christ
20. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are: first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, repentance; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, the laying on of hands for the gifts of the Holy Ghost. These principles and ordinances lead me to Jesus Christ.
21. Faith (How can you strengthen your faith?)
22. Jesus has given us the opportunity to repent when we do something wrong. Repentance includes feeling sorry, asking for forgiveness, righting the wrong and not doing it again.
23. When I am baptized I make a covenant with God.
24. A covenant is a special two way promise between me and God. I promise to always remember Him and to keep His commandments and He promises that I’ll always have His Spirit to be with me.
25.When I am confirmed I receive the gift of the holy ghost. This means that I have the right to the constant companion of the Holy Ghost.
Song- Beautiful Savior
26. “By the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things.“ Moroni 10:5
27. The Holy Ghost is the 3rd member of the Godhead.
28. The Holy Ghost is a spirit without a body of flesh and bones.
29. The Holy Ghost speaks in a still small voice.
30. He speaks to your mind and your heart.
31. The Holy Ghost can guide and protect us.
32. When I pray, I invite the Holy Ghost into my life.
33.The Holy Ghost testifies of the truth of all things.
Song- The Holy Ghost
34. In Luke chapter 18 verse 22 Jesus said, “Come follow me.” In the garden of Gethsemane Jesus said, “…not my will, but thine be done.” Jesus always obeyed Heavenly Father. I can obey Him too.
35. Jesus Christ went about doing good.
36. He blessed the children.
37. He healed the blind man.
38. He raised the dead.
39.He fed the 5,000.
40. He healed the sick.
41. I can follow Jesus Christ’s example.
42. Jesus Christ’s example teaches me how to live. (Talk)
Song- Come Follow Me (verses 1 and 6)
43. “For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles;… and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.” 2 Nephi 27:23
44. A miracle is an extraordinary event caused by the power of God. Jesus Christ is a God of miracles.
45. Share a story of a miracle preformed by Christ
46. Share a story of Jesus healing someone
47. Share the story of the 10 lepers
48. Share a story of Jesus raising the dead.
49. Miracles come to those who have faith. If we have faith we will recognize miracles in our lives.
Song- In His Holy Name (Trio)
50. “And now after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!” Doctrine and Covenants 76:22
51. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the only begotten Son.
52. Through the atonement He made it possible for us to be saved from sin. He did this because He loves us.
53. Jesus Christ came to earth as promised by the prophets. This message was so important, that prophets were willing to give their lives to testify that Jesus would come. He is the Savior of the world. I know that my Redeemer lives.
Primary President Remarks
Song- I know that my Redeemer lives. (Primary sings 1st verse, Congregation sings 2-4)